Using the Population Projections
These are the official population projections for the State of Indiana. Released in March 2012 by the Indiana Business Research Center, they use the Census 2010 population counts as the benchmark population figures.
Visit the Projections topic page for maps, methodology and more.
Select your data
- General area: Choose from Indiana counties, metros, pre-defined regions or custom regions.
- Specific geography: After selecting the geographic type, specific options are loaded into this box.
- Year: Choose an individual year or select "all."
- Projections: Choose from total functional groups, total 5-year groups, either of these split out into genders, or median age.
Additional data options
- % of Total: Check this box if you want to see the projections as a percent of the total rather than raw numbers.
- Group counties into regions: When "Group Counties" is checked, you will see the total for the region. If you'd like to see the data for the component counties, uncheck this box. The system will automatically handle grouping when switching between individual areas and regions.
- Make a custom region: Build a custom region of Indiana counties here, or click on the "Custom Region" link in the upper right corner of the query bar to get to the region creation page.