Select your data
Not all data items are available for all years and geographies. View the data matrix to see what's available.
- General area: Choose U.S. and 50 states, or for Indiana-specific data, select Indiana counties, metros, pre-defined regions or custom regions.
- Specific geography: Choose the area total or a specific geography based off your selection in step 1.
- Year: Click on an individual year or select "all."
- Indicator: Choose the type of birth, death, marriage or divorce data you wish to view.
Additional data options
- Show rate: Check this box if you want to see the rate of occurence rather than raw numbers.
- View Data Availability: This spreadsheet shows which data items are available by geography and year. This is useful if you keep hitting the "no data available for the selected year" message.
- Group counties into regions: When "Group Counties" is checked, you will see the total for the region. If you'd like to see the data for the component counties, uncheck this box. The system will automatically handle grouping when switching between individual areas and regions.
- Make a custom region: Build a custom region of Indiana counties here, or click on the 'Custom Region' link in the upper right corner of the query bar to get to the region creation page.
Choose your output
- Web Version: Follow the steps above, then press "get data."
- Excel Output: Check MS Excel Output box. Then click the "get data" button to download the spreadsheet.
- Paper Version: Be sure to use the print button on the page and not the browser’s print functionality since this page uses frames.