About Marriage/Divorce Data
Marriages and divorces are tabulated at the state level by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), while marriage data from the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) are available at the sub-state level.
- United States
- 50 states
- Indiana's counties and regions
- 1989-forward for states
- 1990-2004, 2010-forward for Indiana sub-state data
Important Data Notes
- Data are tabulated based on the place of occurence.
- Divorce data are unavailable for Indiana and its geographies.
- Not all states provide marriage/divorce figures due to differing state reporting laws. The U.S. total simply aggregates the states that do report data. See technical notes.