Nonprofit organizations make significant contributions to the quality of life for Indiana citizens and are also a major force in the state’s economy. The increasing size, mounting political relevance and growing visibility of nonprofits have put a premium on securing good data on the sector's scope, characteristics and trends.
A single, comprehensive listing of nonprofit organizations in the state— a joint product of the Indiana University Center on Philanthropy and the Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs created in 2002.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics
- Organizations Eligible to Receive Tax-Deductible Contributions Search: An IRS tool that searches by organization for tax-exempt status.
- Indiana Nonprofits: Scope and Community Dimensions Project
- Giving and Volunteering Research (IUPUI School of Philanthropy)
- School of Philanthropy at Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis