Lists and Geographic Codes
- Indiana Regions Spreadsheet: A list of Indiana counties with the regions and statistical areas in which they are located, plus county seats.
- Every Place in Indiana Spreadsheet: A list of all the named places in Indiana, including those that are not incorporated, with county names, geographic codes and coordinates.
- FIPS Codes used in Indiana: A comprehensive list from the Missouri Census Data Center
- ANSI codes: These codes replace previously used FIPS codes.
- FIPS 6-4 County Lookup
- Geographic Boundary Change Notes (Census Bureau)
Shapefiles for Mapping
- The IndianaMap
- TIGER/Line Shapefiles: These files from the Census Bureau cover numerous geographies at both the statewide and county level.
- Indiana Census Blocks: Zipped file downloaded from the 2010 TIGER/Line and made available for your convenience.
- Indiana Spatial Data Portal
- Cartographic Boundary Files (Census Bureau)
- The National Map (U.S. Geological Survey)
- Geography Network
- Geospatial Data Gateway: Environmental and natural resources data
- National Historical Geographic Information System: Provides free census data and boundary files for the U.S. dating back to 1790.
- TIGERweb: This interactive web map is a simple way to view TIGER/Line data without having to download it.
- Indiana Geographic Information Council
- Census Geography
- Landview Reference Resources (Census Bureau)
- GIS Resources at Davis Library (University of North Carolina)
- Geographic Reference Manual (Census Bureau)
- If you would like a high-resolution version of a map you see on STATS Indiana to include in a report, email us the map's URL and the file type you need (AI, EPS, PNG or TIFF) and we'd be happy to provide it for you. Just be sure to give proper attribution to STATS Indiana and the IBRC.
- Request printed maps from the State Library Data Center: 317-232-3733