Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS)
Pick one of three ways to view labor force data, with your choice of whether the data are seasonally adjusted or not.
VisualizationsChange in employment
- Weekly unemployment insurance claims (Hoosiers by the Numbers)
- Quarterly unemployment insurance claimant profiles (Hoosiers by the Numbers)
VisualizationsWeekly claims dashboard
These are the official labor force projections for the State of Indiana released in September 2018 by the Indiana Business Research Center.
- Data tables
- Indiana labor force projections: Slowdown on the horizon (InContext, Sep-Oct 2018)
Annual Census Tract Unemployment Estimates
These data from the Employment and Training Administration are used to determine each year's areas of substantial unemployment (ASU).
- The Employment Situation: BLS news release for the current month
- Interactive charts of unemployment: From Google's public data service, this provides graphing capability for all states and counties back to 1990.
- Hoosiers by the Numbers: Workforce-focused data portal for the Indiana Department of Workforce Development
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FAQ: The impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on The Employment Situation for May 2020