State Transportation Statistics: Publications from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics include state-level data comparisons on a variety of topics:
- Fatalities and Injuries
- Distracted Driving and Safety Equipment
- Freight Volumes and Values
- Passenger Travel
- Economy and Finance
- Energy and Environment
Indiana Traffic Safety Facts: Analysis of motor vehicle crash data, including county-level crash data, topical fact sheets and the annual Indiana Crash Fact Book.
Vehicle registration data are only available through 2005.
- Total Vehicle Registrations Overview (or time series)
- Passenger Car Registrations Overview (or time series)
Total Car and Truck Registrations for Indiana and Counties: This static report is used by the Indiana State Auditor in the distribution of highway funds. It has different reporting requirements and therefore the totals are inconsistent with other STATS Indiana outputs. Please contact the Bureau of Motor Vehicles about questions regarding the reporting requirements.
Vehicle Make by Vehicle Year: The first output table shows counts of each make of vehicle and the percent distribution based of the year the vehicle was made. The second table (select "Show % of Total) shows the particular vehicle make as a percent of all the cars in the selected geography. Both outputs are the makes of passenger cars only.
- Vehicle Type by Vehicle Year: The first output table shows counts of each type of vehicle and the percent distribution based of the year the vehicle was made. The second table (select "Show % of Total in Category) shows the particular vehicle type as a percent of all the cars in the selected geography.
- Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- U.S. Census Bureau Vehicle Inventory and Use Survey (This data set was discontinued in 2002.)