Lists and Geographic Codes
- Indiana Regions Spreadsheet: A list of Indiana counties with the regions and statistical areas in which they are located, plus county seats.
- Every Place in Indiana Spreadsheet: A list of all the named features and places (including those that are not incorporated) in Indiana with county names, geographic codes and coordinates from the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (data current as of August 2021)
- County FIPS Codes: A comprehensive list from the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- List of Substantial County Changes since 1970 (Census Bureau)
- Geographic Boundary Change Notes (Census Bureau)
- Geocorr Geographic Correspondence Engine (Missouri Census Data Center): Generate your own crosswalk files for dozens of geographic layers, complete with the ability to weight by population, land area or housing units.
Shapefiles for Mapping
- TIGER/Line Shapefiles: These files from the Census Bureau cover numerous geographies at both the statewide and county level.
- Cartographic Boundary Files (Census Bureau)
- The National Map (U.S. Geological Survey)
- Geospatial Data Gateway: Environmental and natural resources data
- National Historical Geographic Information System: Provides free census data and boundary files for the U.S. dating back to 1790.
- Atlas of Historical County Boundaries
- The IndianaMap
- Indiana Spatial Data Portal
- TIGERweb: This interactive web map is a simple way to view TIGER/Line data without having to download it.
- Indiana Geographic Information Council
- Census Geography Program
- U.S. State Map Collection (GISGeography.com): Collection of printable reference maps for each state.
- If you would like a high-resolution version of a map you see on STATS Indiana to include in a report, email us the map's URL and the file type you need (AI, EPS, PNG or TIFF) and we'd be happy to provide it for you. Just be sure to give proper attribution to STATS Indiana and the IBRC.
- Request printed maps from the State Library Data Center: 317-232-3733