Annual Housing Unit Estimates
Housing Units and Density: Census 2010
Residential Building Permits
- Building Permits Overview (or time series)
- Permits with Change Overview (or time series)
Annual Building Permit Database
- Contains data for Indiana counties, regions, Indiana custom regions, states and all U.S. counties
- 1990 forward data for Indiana areas and states
- 1999 forward for all U.S. counties
Note: These data are collected from individual permit offices, most of which are municipalities. The data are aggregated each year to the county level. The statistics are based on reports submitted by local building permit officials in response to a mail survey. They are obtained using Form C-404, Report of New Privately-Owned Residential Building or Zoning Permits Issued.
When a report is not received, missing data are either (1) obtained from the Survey of Use of Permits (SUP) which is used to collect information on housing starts or (2) imputed. Data for SUP are available only for about 850 places for which Census Bureau field representatives list permits. Imputations are based on the assumption that the ratio of current month authorizations to those of a year ago should be the same for reporting and non-reporting places.
- Monthly Building Permit Database: Provides construction statistics by place, county and metro.
- Indiana Real Estate Market Reports (Indiana Association of Realtors)
- Realtor Sentiment Survey (Data set was discontinued 2018 Q1)
Bankruptcies and Foreclosures: Current bankruptcy and foreclosure counts searchable by state, county or ZIP code (Foreclosure.com)
National Delinquency Survey (Mortgage Bankers Association)
- Active Loans and Foreclosures Overview (Data set was discontinued November 2010)