Annual Housing Unit Estimates
Residential Building Permits
- Monthly Building Permit Database: Provides construction statistics by place, county and metro.
- Building Permits Overview (or time series)
- Permits with Change Overview (or time series)
Annual Building Permit Database
- Contains data for Indiana counties, regions, Indiana custom regions, states and all U.S. counties
- 1990 forward data for Indiana areas and states
- 1999 forward for all U.S. counties
Note: These data are collected from individual permit offices, most of which are municipalities. The data are aggregated each year to the county level. The statistics are based on reports submitted by local building permit officials in response to a mail survey. They are obtained using Form C-404, Report of New Privately-Owned Residential Building or Zoning Permits Issued.
When a report is not received, missing data are either (1) obtained from the Survey of Use of Permits (SUP) which is used to collect information on housing starts or (2) imputed. Data for SUP are available only for about 850 places for which Census Bureau field representatives list permits. Imputations are based on the assumption that the ratio of current month authorizations to those of a year ago should be the same for reporting and non-reporting places.
Indiana Real Estate Market Reports (Indiana Association of Realtors)
Kelley Real Estate Outlook (IU Center for Real Estate Studies and the Indiana Business Research Center)
- Home Ownership Affordability Monitor (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta)
Bankruptcies and Foreclosures (Foreclosure.com): Current bankruptcy and foreclosure counts searchable by state, county or ZIP code
National Delinquency Survey (Mortgage Bankers Association)
Annual Homeless Assessment Report (HUD): National and state-level estimates of the homeless population, including demographic characteristics and service use patterns.
HMIS Data Portal (Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority): Indiana regional data from the point-in-time (PIT) counts and the housing inventory.
- Indianapolis Point-in-Time Count Dashboard (Indianapolis Continuum of Care)
Realtor Sentiment Survey (Data set was discontinued 2018 Q1)
- Housing Units and Density: Census 2010
- Active Loans and Foreclosures Overview (Data set was discontinued November 2010)